header photo

header photo

Friday, August 30, 2013

Your Own Argument and Opinions

As someone who is already working within a start-up company, it is important for me to know the business laws that affect not only running the business but also as an employee at the business.  I need to know what applies and what doesn't.  I need to know who to reach out to and what to do when situations arise.  I need to be able to make sure that the owner is in compliance with the applicable health and safety regulations as well as labor laws and knowing what contracts consist of and whether they would be held up in court. Even if I don’t stay working for this company it will be of great benefit to me if I were to ever start my own company or even help someone else with a start-up. 

Even with some basic assistance from a lawyer, it is within my best interest to do my own due diligence and not solely rely on someone else to do the work.  Intellectual property is part of every company whether they know it or not and it is something worth fighting when someone infringes upon it.  It may take time and money but if you are serious and want to keep what rightfully belongs to you, you need to fight for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment